Tuesday 3 November 2009

But I can't help the feeling. I could blow through the ceiling.

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Sophie and as part of my self branding module I will be documenting my transition from student to (hopeful) copywriter and posting any current affairs that I take an interest in.

The end is nigh, But America isn't fussed.

I think it's terrifying that the most influential country on the planet has such a naive attitude. A recent Pew Research Centre survey suggests that the proportion of Americans who believe there is solid evidence that the world has been warming over the last few decades has fallen from 71% to 57% in just 18 months (see article:http://people-press.org/report/556/global-warming).
I know this is everywhere and the 'guilt trip' style ad's are becoming more and more frequent, but it is actually a huge deal that people are becoming less bothered about the possibility of wiping out humanity.

Are we really narrowly missing the chance to save the planet?

So, I've been recently hearing a lot of excitement around The Age of Stupid, a drama documentary starring Pete Postlethwaite as a man living alone in the devastated world of 2055, looking back and asking "why didn't we do something whilst we had the chance".
So, here's the link to the film website: http://www.ageofstupid.net, it's definitely worth a look into for sure. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.


I'm currently working on a re-brand of Leek town and whilst I'm working on it would appreciate any feedback on visuals I post and the general ideas. I'll be posting some up within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment